Saturday, August 22, 2009

Roadtrip Lesson #1

There are two things that are essential to keep track of: liscence and
keys. Would you believe I learned this the hard way?

I went to bed last night having packed the truck and ready to leave
first thing in the morning. This morning I woke up to a homemade omlet
courtesy of Eileen (aka mom) and a sneaking suspicion that I misplaced
the keys to the truck. Indeed I did, after an hour of looking I
called off the search remembering that the magic truck has a nifty
little credit card emergency key in the owner's manual. So besides
lunch in pittsburgh, I plan to check out the key cutting industry. I
think I'll get a couple extra keys, just in case.

The lisence scare occured before I left NYC, but that worked out in
the end as well. Found the lisence on the ground outside a friend's apt.

I'm sure those who made mixes are curious to know what mix started
this journey. Well, I went with comfort, a mix I made earlier this
summer. The mix opens with Insistor by Tapes N Tapes, I really dig the
drums. It was necessary at 6am. Plus I know the second song is by
Buck65 called All There Is You Need to Know About Love and well, talk
about love, it's an all time favorite.

More soon.

No comments: