Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sidebar on being 'poo-free

You may recall a post a few months ago about not using shampoo anymore, the impetus being plastic...well let me give you an update. I've not used bath products that come in plastic since about August and it's great! My whale soap cozy is the best, perfectly exfoliant and provides some nice suds. The pine tar soap and rosemary hair oil has been great as well, but I'll tell what I've used regularly, and love: Apple Cider Vinegar and Coconut Oil (Spectrum because it comes in glass). The reason for this came about from some research on treating eczema. I have forever dealt with super sensitive skin but in the last year I've finally tackled the problem thanks to the Earth Clinic - yeah, yeah, some hippie sh*t. But you know what, IT WORKS! Apple Cider Vinegar is pretty much a wonder cure for just about anything, read here. The reason for this whole post is that a good friend has been talking about her new discovery of using Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda instead of shampoo after reading this article. I figured like doing a little post about it because I've enjoyed the shampoo-free time I've had and I thought my friend's hair look particularly good, so I wanted to be a maven and pass it on...

No comments: