Friday, January 21, 2011

coffee and hot chocolate in a Brooklyn Diner




I mean there could be worse things in the world of unemployment. Now don't get me wrong, this is day 5 (5 days of work actually be conducted in my office that I am not a part of). I'm not going to lie, I'm bored! I spend most of my time fine tuning a pretty finely tuned resume, writing cover letters, swimming, sending emails, updating my job hunt contact spreadsheet and swimming. Oh yeah, don't forget the COFFEE, lots of coffee because it seems that everyone I am meeting with I suggest coffee. Today was freezing, I couldn't decide between hot chocolate and coffee, sooo I splurged. I'll tell you what, I love coffee served in those off-white ceramic mugs. Maybe, just maybe I daydream of being a waitress at some mom and pop diner, but it would have to be in a very specific location, like Maine for example. When S and I went to Maine last year we stopped at this amazing diner, you know, the kind where the fisherman would go to at 4am before heading out to sea. We of course went at about 4am, to get the real experience. Anyway, that's the kind of diner I'd work at. I'm sure I'd get on well with the fisherman.

No comments: