Thursday, September 3, 2009

Everything happens for a reason...

Last night about 50 miles south of Santa Fe I decided that a reroute
was necessary in order to see Carlsbad Cavern.

So...I turned around and got back on 40 heading east, my plan was to
stop somewhere between Santa Rosa and Roswell. Well as I was driving I
was following the most incredible lightning storm I have ever
experienced.

I was traveling on Rt. 285, south towards Roswell, there were
virtually no cars on the road, just me and this epic storm.

The sky was lit by the moon, 2 days until it's full and behind the
clouds the lightning would light them up, then soon to follow would be
this incredible bolt of lightning that would illuminate the entire
night sky.

I really can't even begin to describe what this storm was like, I
tried to take pictures but I'm not that skilled plus somewhere in my
mind it made sense to keep moving.

Had I not made the decision to reroute I would have completely missed
this storm...

Good looking out.

No comments: