Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday: Obama/Beach

Today was the Obama LGBT Press Conference - what a great turn out. Upon hearing my alarm clock go off and snoozing it for over an hour, the lovely Stu woke me (he knew he was long over due for breakfast). In a fury I pack my bag for the beach, toss on some shorts, a tank and a baseball cap and boogie. No way I'd get to City Hall on time via the G, so I opt for a cab. Of course I get the cabbie who has difficulty getting to City Hall. I was not in the typical M-F garb and I think I surprised a few folks with the casual look. There was no way that after spending some time in Inwood last night and getting home late that I was, even for a minute, going to throw on a suit.

Everyone's comments were great and reminded me why I got involved in this campaign in the first place. I am very excited to get on the bus for those day trips.

Good work people!!!

Then it was off to the beach, a bit later than expected but plenty of time to enjoy the sun and the sand. The waves were rough but still went in for a bit - I'll miss the water in a few weeks.

Now its time for book club reading and then bedtime - the plan is to try to get to sleep before 3 tonight - it will be the first time in a long time...

Plan: I need to stop eating like a 7 year old - Veggie dog dinner is unacceptable. However, the sprouted roll makes it a little closer to fine.

No comments: