Saturday, September 27, 2008

After a train and ferry ride, this is what greeted me on Fire Island. Who could ask for anything more? The getaway to the island was much needed following a brunch in which I learned some news that was, to say the least, hard to swallow. I left brunch, and headed to the liquor store for some bourbon. My plan was to retreat to my roof and think...this plan was interupted by a text telling me to get my ass on a boat, how could I resist...so I packed a towel, a swimsuit, a change of clothes, the bourbon and headed to the train. No looking back.

Following the welcoming view, I was greeted by friends...we took a quick tour of Cherry Grove and then headed to the deck for bloody marias. Dinner at Cherry's, then back to the roof. After more drinking and relaxation, it was time for a nap before the evening's Halloween Party. Halloween drinking and dancing and partying at the coustume party, without, yup you guessed it, costumes. Party was followed by taking a long walk back to the house, my need of being close to the water...sleep.

Good Morning! Sunday morning: bloody marys, extra olives, please. A breakfast sandwich on the beach; preparing to swim, and being reminded who is in control - mother nature. Hard breaking waves, inconsistent rhythms, rip currents. As the day went on, the skies cleared, and more and more people came out of hiding and made their way down to the water.


Working with nature, studying her ebb and flow, stopping to feel. Working in tandem with her power, tapping into a cajoling power to find the partnership to dive through waves and enter the chaotic force. Worked up quite an appetite - pizza and beer on the beach - a perfect solution. Decision made to stay another night and have the best commute to work in ages...





The journey begins back to the chaos of NYC, a government bailout in Washington, and more than enough work to keep me in the office after we close at 2.







Good-bye to an amzing weekend. And much needed getaway. Hello to an amzing commute to work. (I'm saving for a boat - not exactly new news)

No comments: