Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday - things can only get better

What a way to start the work week - riding to work, my netflix fall out of my basket on the way to the mailbox and almost cause me to get into an accident. Note to self - put something heavy on top of movie as to avoid future catastrophe.

10 am, at Ground Zero for a press conference regarding the HHS LHI contract for the National Responder program - chock full of problems - anyway, press conference went off with out a hitch, that is until I go to unlock my bike from the sign it was locked to bc there are no bike racks in this city. A Port Authority cop comes up to me and tells me that I cannot park my bike there and that next time she'll clip the lock and take it. I told her that DOT is supposed to provide a warning before taking a bike - she said that is not the case and that she can take the bike. She said to write to the DOT and tell them that I frequent the location and would like a bike rack. Ok, I’ll add that to my list of what I need from the government.

Then I finally sit down at my desk with my nectarine and new mix ready get down to business - but I’m interrupted by phones ringing off the hook - so i pick up. And I sure am blessed today - the woman on the phone was so rude and way too rude for a Monday morning no less. She bought a converter box for her TV so that she is set when cable goes digital - well its broken. I told her that the woman in our office who handles consumer issues was not at her desk and I’d be happy to put her through to her voice mail - her response - nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I told her that I was sorry but as soon as my colleague was able she would return her call - she got all snippy and asked for my colleague’s name. I said and then spelled her name when the caller told me to slow down bc she is an old woman. She then proceeded to get annoyed bc my colleague has a Nigerian name and then called commented "oh great, someone who doesn’t speak English" - I promptly replied that my colleague has no problem with the English language and was born and raised here - - - the caller then told me to run for Vice President - does that mean she thought i was a bull dog with lipstick??? (the closest thing I have to lipstick is burts bees, hello lesbian ;)). Anyway, the caller then asked for my colleague’s number and I told her that all she needed to do was call the main line and she would be connected. Her final salutation "god damn government employees"


HAPPY MONDAY!!!

No comments: