Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Wow. It is absolutely incredible how different people can be. I just spent 5 hours in the car with my brother and no matter how hard I tried to focus on commonalities and things that could bring us together we spent the majority of the car ride debating (wait for it) the mosque in lower Manhattan and LGBT rights. Did I mention that he had on conservative talk radio for the majority of the ride as well? It was really quite eye opening. Apparently, I, as a gay person play the victim because I cannot marry and I want to. I also, should just travel to a state when gay marriage is legal and if I can't afford the travel, I should just work harder. Oh, and best of all, we don't need hate crimes protections, but rather, we should all be permitted to carry concealed weapons to protect ourselves.

It has been an emotional couple of days.

No comments: