Monday, August 2, 2010

My dad responded to my email by saying, "Don't even think about it!!!" Dad. I'm still not sure if he was being playful or saying don't ask for his blessing. My older sister (among others) recommended a clarification email, so I sent one...so far silence.

I am reminded of a Dante quote:

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in great times of moral crisis, remain neutral."

My sister responded to my email. "love you. love your email. need to sleep. proud of you. xoxoxxoxoxo"

My brother - nothing

My mother - nothing

And well, we've read my father's response...

I'll tell ya, I'm 30 years old, i came out 12 years ago. I really just want to live my life, marry the woman of my dreams and raise a family. it would be nice to have my family's blessing.

Maybe when my dad finds out that Dick Cheney supports gay marriage he'll reconsider...you know being a conservative Republican and all.

No comments: