Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Early voting in NY

So today, I went to perform my civic duty and vote. I need to vote absentee because I will be working from 5:30am - 9:30pm on election day. The Board of Elections website clearly states the following:

Registered voters who cannot make it to the polls on Election Day because of occupation, business, studies, travel, imprisonment (other than a convicted felon), illness, disability and hospitalization or resident in a long term care facility, may vote by absentee ballot.

There are two options for New York City voters wishing to cast absentee ballots:

1. Voting in person at your Board of Elections office in your borough
2. By mail.

However, this is not entirely true. The reality is, is that I must be unable to make it to the polls because of occupation, business, studies, etc. BUT ALSO I must be absent from not only my county BUT ALSO the 5 boroughs of New York City.

I call BULLSHIT. This is just one of the many reasons why NY should have early voting! Check out all of the states that do have early voting.

More on this soon!

No comments: