Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Great Gatsby Curve

In his blog the other day, Paul Krugman wrote about the Great Gatsby Curve. I immediately smiled, not because what this graph demonstrated but because of my more than fond memories of American Literature. I dunno what draws me again and again to so many of the wonderful books and characters that I learned in high school, but I'm always drawn to them. Reading this blog entry made me smile because titling this graph this way is something I would do and strikingly melds so many of the things that capture my interest all into one.





"Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgiastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter--tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther.... And one fine morning-- So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

No comments: