Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Magic Kingdom Doesn't Serve Alcohol

I just returned from a week vacation in Orlando, Florida where I learned some critical life lessons.

Disney World is most enjoyed by the following:
-children
-those who appreciate well manicured landscapes
-those under the influence of some mind altering substance
-those seeking an alternate reality
-those who do not cringe at the thought of a "dry" theme park
-those who enjoy overly "smilely" people

Epcot was fun, as I had expected. Anything that is derived from the acronym Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, is my kind of place. The best part was the countries, where my friends and I indulged in a drink per country...

Wet n Wild was F-U-N, with rides such as DiscoH2O and the Brain Wash. Who knew that water and funnel shaped objects could be so fun...The Bomb Bay was fun - stepping into a rocket shaped container in which the floor drops out from under you and you plunge a few stories down a slide = heart stopping thrill :) The Storm was also a hit in my book.

I'd have to say the best day was when we went to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Much more up my alley, but I still have to say that many of the rides left me saying, "is that it?!?!"

So...Lessons Learned:
-Bring a flask of whiskey to Magic Kingdom, if going without kids
-Bring kids, forget the whiskey
-Overly manicured anything is not okay in my book
-Waiting for over an hour for a 30 second thrill is overrated
-Category type games aren't reserved for only drinking games
-Simulated rides aren't all their cracked up to be
-Monorails are fun
-I enjoy a little melancholy in my life

Next vacation = UNKNOWN.

1 comment:

Spacegrass said...

Fuck the Majic Kingdom. For real. If I ever adopt kids, they will not go there. Disney is a braiwashing compound. Take em to Sea World! Wahahahahahah!