Friday, December 16, 2011

Porgy and Bess

I love my friends and I love spending evenings with them doing fun NYC things. Tonight I went to the dress rehearsal for Porgy and Bess. Since it was a dress rehearsal, at the beginning of the show, the director came out to say a few words, including to bear with the performance as the entire set had not yet arrived and the possible need to stop during the performance. I was ready, and so excited to see this production and to hear the legendary songs “Summertime,” “It Ain’t Necessarily So,” and “I Got Plenty of Nothing.”

Let me tell you, the cast nailed it. The show was spectacular. There were no stops and I could not have asked for a better performance. But I will tell you the best part, the curtain call. Seeing the cast gleam with accomplishment was so amazing. Their joy was palpable.

I highly recommend seeing this incredible performance and amazing cast including Audra McDonald and Norm Lewis.

Then it was off to Kevin's favorite and NYC theater stalwart restaurant: Sardi's with great company and good food.

All in all, a great way to spend a Friday night.

No comments: